Re: [Shop-talk] Trailer clean-up and paint

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Trailer clean-up and paint
From: Eric Russell via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 15:56:19 -0400
X_cmae_category: , , a=I0wsP0/ub+0M/VQyKFHlEA==:117 a=I0wsP0/ub+0M/VQyKFHlEA==:17 a=KGjhK52YXX0A:10 a=IkcTkHD0fZMA:10 a=sTwFKg_x9MkA:10 a=KlU2pWyFyn8A:10 a=eQrCS-SpgXYA:10 a=W0f_MDLgI0dj4efXHssA:9 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10
I'll add my success with the Permatex Rust Conversion (spray can & brush
applied). In my experience, it seems to work best when applied to rust -
no need to take it down to clean, bare metal, just degrease and knock
off anything loose.

POR15 is another option but more expensive. And POR15 needs UV
protection to retain its color. As I recall, you need to apply a thin
'mist' coat of paint while the POR15 is still tacky.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC