[Shop-talk] diesel fuel question

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: [Shop-talk] diesel fuel question
From: eric--- via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 07:46:02 -0400 04/24/2020 07:46:03 AM, Serialize complete at 04/24/2020 07:46:03 AM
--===============8476613097292652278==

--=_alternative 0040A43F85258554_=

Does anyone know of a way to tell if diesel fuel has gone bad?

Here is my situation.  I have a large diesel fuel tank for my tractors on
my property (so I don't have to buy 'over the road' diesel.)  The fuel in
there has been there a few years.

My newest tractor (a small 25hp subcompact) started acting funny.  At full
throttle, it seems to sputter a little.

Could be a fuel problem, but I would love to test the diesel somehow. Or
is there a way of looking at the filter on the tractor? Or another test to
do?

Related follow up, if the fuel is bad, and I have about 50 gals in a 250
tank.  Can I just add fresh fuel to it, or do I need to drain out all the
bad first?  What would be a good bad/good ratio to dilute the bad fuel?

Thanks!

Waldo Emerson
-Who is John Galt?
--=_alternative 0040A43F85258554_=

fuel has gone bad?</font>
large diesel fuel tank for my tractors on my property (so I don't have
to buy 'over the road' diesel.) &nbsp;The fuel in there has been there
a few years.</font>
started acting funny. &nbsp;At full throttle, it seems to sputter a
little.</font>
love to test the diesel somehow. Or is there a way of looking at the filter
on the tractor? Or another test to do?</font>
and I have about 50 gals in a 250 tank. &nbsp;Can I just add fresh fuel
to it, or do I need to drain out all the bad first? &nbsp;What would be
a good bad/good ratio to dilute the bad fuel?</font>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>

--===============8476613097292652278==--