Re: [Shop-talk] Float chargers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Float chargers
From: Bob Spidell via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 07:49:53 -0700
FWIW, I put two Interstate batteries in my '08 Mustang--almost daily
driven over 70 miles on the freeway--and they both failed at 2 years (no
warning, just wouldn't start my car at work).  Interstate used to be a
'go to' brand, but I believe they're now made in Mexico like most
'American' brands.  An experienced starter/generator rebuilder told me
Mexican-made batteries are crap (and he's Hispanic).  Deka is now my go
to brand; they're made in Pennsylvania, and competitively priced.

My guess is your Interstate is getting ready to fail.

Bob