Re: [Shop-talk] Small compressors

To: Bill Rabel <brabel@comcast.net>, Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Small compressors
From: Arvid via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 18:44:25 -0500
Cc: ShopTalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>

--------------228C6EB281676AE5E4449B25

I have the 2-gallon version. Is great for staplers, filling tires, nail gun,
etc. Will actually run a small cutoff wheel for about 30 seconds. Don't laugh.
It only took 26 seconds to make the steel rod shorter!!! And it seems to have
reasonable recovery time.

Between me being a little hard of hearing, the radio being on and how quiet it
is I never know when it is running. Very light and easy to carry. 20% off
coupon and $160 out the door.

I think the 1-gallon is too small and the 4-gallon was heavier than I wanted
for a portable compressor. I have an 80 gallon 5hp if I need to do anything
serious but I can't remember the last time I bothered to get the hose and find
the nearest fitting. Easier to just carry the little one over and plug it in.

On 3/17/20 2:13 PM, Bill Rabel via Shop-talk wrote:
> I bought one of those Harbor Freight 4-gallon compressors after hearing how
> quiet it is. Donâ??t dismiss it before you check it out.
>
> - Bill Rabel
>   Anacortes
>
> â??I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in
> philosophy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend.â??
>
> Thomas Jefferson
>

>> On Mar 17, 2020, at 8:37 AM, Mark Andy via Shop-talk
>> <shop-talk@autox.team.net> wrote:
>>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> I haven't ever actually used one, but the first thing I'd check out would be
>> the inexpensive quiet compressors.  Stuff like this, though there are
>> obviously others...
>>
>> https://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools-compressors/air-compressors-tanks/2-gallon-135-psi-ultra-quiet-hand-carry-jobsite-air-compressor-64596.html
>>
>> Mark
>>

>>     My Porter Cable pancake has a pinhole in the tank. I have abused it for
>> 10+ years and it doesn't owe me anything at this point. What do people like
>> for small, wheeled, quiet, inexpensive? I don't see myself staying in this
>> house much longer so I won't be installing lines and a nice stand up unit,
>> but I do need to fill car tires, run a framing nail gun.
>>
>>     thanks,
>>     jim_______________________________________________
>>
>>     Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>     Suggested annual donation  $12.96
>>     Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk
>> http://autox.team.net/archive
>>
>>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/marka@maracing.com

--------------228C6EB281676AE5E4449B25

  <head>
  </head>
      tires, nail gun, etc. Will actually run a small cutoff wheel for
      about 30 seconds. Don't laugh. It only took 26 seconds to make the
      steel rod shorter!!! And it seems to have reasonable recovery
      time.<br>
      how quiet it is I never know when it is running. Very light and
      easy to carry. 20% off coupon and $160 out the door.</p>
      than I wanted for a portable compressor. I have an 80 gallon 5hp
      if I need to do anything serious but I can't remember the last
      time I bothered to get the hose and find the nearest fitting.
      Easier to just carry the little one over and plug it in.<br>
      Shop-talk wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:7824E1D6-F253-4451-A44A-3493FDD79DA0@comcast.net">
      I bought one of those Harbor Freight 4-gallon compressors after
      hearing how quiet it is. Donâ??t dismiss it before you check it
      out.
              difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in
              philosophy, as a cause for withdrawing from a
friend.â?? </span></p>
              rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">Thomas Jefferson</span></p>
            via Shop-talk <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:shop-talk@autox.team.net";>&lt;shop-talk@autox.team.net&gt;</a>
wrote:<br>
                I haven't ever actually used one, but the first thing
                I'd check out would be the inexpensive quiet
                compressors.  Stuff like this, though there are
                obviously others...<br>
                <a
href="https://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools-compressors/air-compressors-tanks/2-gallon-135-psi-ultra-quiet-hand-carry-jobsite-air-compressor-64596.html";

moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools-compressors/air-compressors-tanks/2-gallon-135-psi-ultra-quiet-hand-carry-jobsite-air-compressor-64596.html</a> <br>
                Mark <br>
                9:53 AM Jim Franklin via Shop-talk &lt;<a
                  href="mailto:shop-talk@autox.team.net";
                  moz-do-not-send="true">shop-talk@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
                wrote:<br>
                0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">My Porter Cable
                pancake has a pinhole in the tank. I have abused it for
                10+ years and it doesn't owe me anything at this point.
                What do people like for small, wheeled, quiet,
                inexpensive? I don't see myself staying in this house
                much longer so I won't be installing lines and a nice
                stand up unit, but I do need to fill car tires, run a
                framing nail gun. <br>
                thanks,<br>
                jim_______________________________________________<br>
                  target="_blank"