Re: [Shop-talk] Hoses

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Hoses
From: Donald H Locker via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 10:32:09 -0500
I'm with the Tygon tubing for bleeding brakes. I also do it slightly
differently - rather than dangle the end of the tube into a jar, I use a
long length and suspend the non-bleedscrew end up in the air where I can
see it from the cockpit.

This keeps the bleedscrew "pressurised" with fluif* (to prevent air from
entering when I release the pedal) and allows me to see when air bubbles
stop rising from the cylinder/caliper (and lets me know when I have to
drain the tube because it's getting too full). My only helper is a
stepladder and clip.

HTH,
Donald.
* - with regards to Joe Curry, if he's around here.
--
*Plain Text* email -- it's an accessibility issue
() no proprietary attachments; no html mail