Re: [Shop-talk] Oil Extractors

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Oil Extractors
From: Bob Spidell via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 16:21:51 -0800
Cc: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>

--------------270A689282045B0AD39700A6

Found this:

https://consumerexpert.org/best-oil-fluid-extractor-pumps/

... which is a bit equivocal about the MityVac, agree?

On 1/18/2020 12:50 PM, Ian McFetridge wrote:
> Iâ??ve had this MityVac since 2015 and itâ??s worked for everything Iâ??ve
> thrown at it. I originally bought it for my generator since the drain
> is in an awkward position, but Iâ??ve used it for mowers, snow blower,
> and several cars/trucks.  I creates plenty of vacuum to drain 8
> quarts, then it can conveniently be reversed to push the oil into
> disposal containers.  I would buy the exact same thing again.
>
> Mityvac 7201 Fluid Evacuator Plus
> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002SR7TC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_p42iEb9N60KVW
>

>     On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 6:08 PM Bob Spidell via Shop-talk
>
>         Folks,
>
>         What do y'all use to suck oil out of small engines? I've got
>         one of these, but it never worked worth a damn and the tubing
>         got brittle and cracked pretty quickly:
>
>         *https://tinyurl.com/uh4p7l6*
>
>         The problem with it is no matter how fast I pumped there would
>         never be sufficient vacuum in the canister to move the oil up
>         and out of a sump.  I've got several small displacement
>         engines that need their oil changed regularly--one is a gravel
>         compactor that weighs over 200lbs--and trying to tip the
>         engine enough to drain the oil is a real hassle (and messy).
>         Anyone know of something that works (I see HF has something
>         similar, but the reviews are mixed and it seems to have the
>         same issues as the 'Topsider').
>
>         TIA,
>         Bob

--------------270A689282045B0AD39700A6

  <head>
  </head>
    Found this:<br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://consumerexpert.org/best-oil-fluid-extractor-pumps/";>https://consumerexpert.org/best-oil-fluid-extractor-pumps/</a><br>
    ... which is a bit equivocal about the MityVac, agree?<br>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAFnfnRVTCBWFxuDC-+ezwCxz=3HQKMXMaWuRo39W9Ds_6FeMeg@mail.gmail.com">
          for everything Iâ??ve thrown at it. I originally bought it for
          my generator since the drain is in an awkward position, but
          Iâ??ve used it for mowers, snow blower, and several
          cars/trucks.  I creates plenty of vacuum to drain 8 quarts,
          then it can conveniently be reversed to push the oil into
          disposal containers.  I would buy the exact same thing again.
href="https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002SR7TC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_p42iEb9N60KVW";

moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002SR7TC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_p42iEb9N60KVW</a><br>
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
                On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 6:08 PM Bob Spidell via
                Shop-talk &lt;<a href="mailto:shop-talk@autox.team.net";
                  target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">shop-talk@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
                wrote:<br>
                0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                  What do y'all use to suck oil out of small engines?
                  I've got one of these, but it never worked worth a
                  damn and the tubing got brittle and cracked pretty
                  quickly:<br>
                  <b><a href="https://tinyurl.com/uh4p7l6";
                      target="_blank"
                  The problem with it is no matter how fast I pumped
                  there would never be sufficient vacuum in the canister
                  to move the oil up and out of a sump.  I've got
                  several small displacement engines that need their oil
                  changed regularly--one is a gravel compactor that
                  weighs over 200lbs--and trying to tip the engine
                  enough to drain the oil is a real hassle (and messy).
                  Anyone know of something that works (I see HF has
                  something similar, but the reviews are mixed and it
                  seems to have the same issues as the 'Topsider').<br>
                  TIA,<br>
                  Bob</div>

--------------270A689282045B0AD39700A6--

--===============7445851788864690443==