Re: [Shop-talk] Oil Extractors

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>,Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Oil Extractors
From: Steven Trovato via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 16:03:24 -0500

--=====================_255410671==.ALT

For my boat I use something like this:

<https://www.amazon.com/Jabsco-17850-1012-DIY-Oil-Changer/dp/B001CX0WX4>https://www.amazon.com/Jabsco-17850-1012-DIY-Oil-Changer/dp/B001CX0WX4

My boat has essentially a car engine.  The top of the dipstick tube
is threaded to take a garden hose fitting.  My oil changer came set
up that way.  There is also the option to use a thinner tube that
would go down a dipstick hole.  I imagine that would be what you
would need for your small engines.  I have been reasonably satisfied
with it for my boat.  I warm up the engine before I start.  Warm oil
pumps easier and quicker.  One nice thing is the pump reverses,
and  the oil is pumped back out the hose into another container for
recycling.  There is no awkward pouring and no funnels are involved.

-Steve T.

At 09:08 PM 1/17/2020, Bob Spidell via Shop-talk wrote:

>Folks,
>
>What do y'all use to suck oil out of small engines?

--=====================_255410671==.ALT

For my boat I use something like this:<br><br>
<a
href="https://www.amazon.com/Jabsco-17850-1012-DIY-Oil-Changer/dp/B001CX0WX4";>
https://www.amazon.com/Jabsco-17850-1012-DIY-Oil-Changer/dp/B001CX0WX4</a>
My boat has essentially a car engine.&nbsp; The top of the dipstick tube
is threaded to take a garden hose fitting.&nbsp; My oil changer came set
up that way.&nbsp; There is also the option to use a thinner tube that
would go down a dipstick hole.&nbsp; I imagine that would be what you
would need for your small engines.&nbsp; I have been reasonably satisfied
with it for my boat.&nbsp; I warm up the engine before I start.&nbsp;
Warm oil pumps easier and quicker.&nbsp; One nice thing is the pump
reverses, and&nbsp; the oil is pumped back out the hose into another
container for recycling.&nbsp; There is no awkward pouring and no funnels
are involved.  <br><br>
-Steve T.<br><br>
At 09:08 PM 1/17/2020, Bob Spidell via Shop-talk wrote:<br><br>
What do y'all use to suck oil out of small engines?</blockquote></body>

--===============6844007669420619802==

--===============6844007669420619802==--