Re: [Shop-talk] Hatchet

To: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Hatchet
From: Paul Parkanzky via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 10:22:40 -0500
Cc: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
If you want old-school, there are some small companies out there
making traditional axes and hatchets that people swear by. Expect to
be gouged though.

If you're open to modern, I've been endlessly impressed with all of
the Fiskars axes and hatchets I've used over the years. Under $30 on
Amazon. I know Estwing makes a hatchet too and I'd be willing to give
that a try since they're my go-to for hammers. They're what I'd buy if
I planned to occasionally use the back of an axe to drive it through a
stubborn round.