Re: [Shop-talk] Miter saw blade for plastic tiles

To: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Miter saw blade for plastic tiles
From: Paul Parkanzky via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 10:15:23 -0500
Cc: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
My current favorite flooring for my rentals is Quality Craft's
"Expressa" vinyl planking. One of the biggest selling points for me is
that it's solid PVC all the way through so it's genuinely completely
waterproof (You could store it in your swimming pool for a season and
still install it). Another upside to that is that it's super easy to
work with. It cuts great on a power miter saw, with a jig saw, a
dremel, etc.

Finer toothed blades make a slightly nicer cut but are a bit slower
(It won't matter much, no matter what you do it cuts like butter).
However, your options are a coarser blade and big piles of fluffy
chips or a fine-toothed blade and endless PVC dust (I'd wear a mask if
you choose the latter). Because of that, I just cut it with a normal
wood blade and sweep/shopvac up garbage bags full of chips.

I think you're facing the same decision with your RaceDeck.