Re: [Shop-talk] keeping the smoke in----fuse selection for a circuit

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] keeping the smoke in----fuse selection for a circuit
From: Donald H Locker via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 18:16:16 -0500
Fuse for the wire size; smoke escaping from the wire is a fire hazard.
If the motor stall current is consistent at 12A, I'd go with 15A fuses -
enough to cover the motor loads but only just enough. (A 15A automotive
fuse will carry 15A forever (c.f.
https://www.littelfuse.com/~/media/automotive/datasheets/fuses/passenger-car-and-commercial-vehicle/blade-fuses/littelfuse_mini_datasheet.pdf

and
http://www.cooperindustries.com/content/dam/public/bussmann/Electrical/Resources/product-datasheets-b/bus-ele-ds-2009-atc.pdf)

but will fuse in 750ms at 20A

HTH,
Donald.
--
*Plain Text* email -- it's an accessibility issue
() no proprietary attachments; no html mail