Re: [Shop-talk] Plumbing fun

To: Pat Horne <patintexas@icloud.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Plumbing fun
From: jamesf--- via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 16:50:51 +0100
Cc: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
At least here in Boston, everyone is using crimp rings. No one is using
the expansion rings anymore and they are getting increasingly difficult
to find. I sold my expander to a guy who'd been looking all over for one
as he had a stash of expansion rings.

I have used Sharkbite without issues, but the surface needs to be
exceptionally smooth; hard to do if you have a solder drip or can't get
in there with emery cloth to fully clean it up. .

jim