Re: [Shop-talk] GMC front suspension refresh

To: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] GMC front suspension refresh
From: John Mitchell via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 12:15:41 -0400
Cc: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>

--------------885DC333AA1EFAA0E434BEA8

Thanks, that helps to narrow what I need to buy.

On 5/2/2019 11:28 AM, Ronnie Day wrote:
> Some years ago we bought an ???02 Suburban (2WD) with 102K on it. The
> looseness of the front really bugged me until we replaced both the
> idler and pitman arms. We also soon replaced one of the front unit
> bearings and the shocks. The parts were OE except the shocks, IIRC.
> All that made a huge difference in how the truck drove and felt. It
> now has around 185K on it and is still pretty tight.
>
> Look at RockAuto to compare OE and aftermarket prices.
>
> On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 7:25 AM John Mitchell via Shop-talk
>
>     I have a 2005 GMC Sierra Denali that I have owned since new. It's AWD
>     and has 117,000 miles.?? The front end is not as tight as I would
>     like
>     and I wanted to refresh the front end.?? I've seen the kits from
>     various
>     manufacturers that include ball joints, A-arms, etc.?? I've
>     researched
>     them online and most appear to be junk. Even Moog doesn't have the
>     reputation it once had.?? Should I bite the bullet and buy individual
>     AC/Delco parts and which ones, or is there a decent manufacturer of
>     suspension parts out there. Thanks?????????????? John??????
>     Shelton, CT

--------------885DC333AA1EFAA0E434BEA8

  <head>
  </head>
cite="mid:CAMHhs6fmj7JA+BSQoqhPxJ2E3fM6XAt1gv9wn33b7rpsLqY4Mw@mail.gmail.com">
          with 102K on it. The looseness of the front really bugged me
          until we replaced both the idler and pitman arms. We also soon
          replaced one of the front unit bearings and the shocks. The
          parts were OE except the shocks, IIRC. All that made a huge
          difference in how the truck drove and felt. It now has around
          185K on it and is still pretty tight.</div>
        prices.</div>
            AM John Mitchell via Shop-talk &lt;<a
              href="mailto:shop-talk@autox.team.net";
              moz-do-not-send="true">shop-talk@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
            wrote:<br>
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I have a
            2005 GMC Sierra Denali that I have owned since new. It's AWD
            and has 117,000 miles.?? The front end is not as tight as I
            would like <br>
            and I wanted to refresh the front end.?? I've seen the kits
            from various <br>
            manufacturers that include ball joints, A-arms, etc.?? I've
            researched <br>
            them online and most appear to be junk. Even Moog doesn't
            have the <br>
            reputation it once had.?? Should I bite the bullet and buy
            individual <br>
            AC/Delco parts and which ones, or is there a decent
            manufacturer of <br>
            suspension parts out there. Thanks?????????????? John??????
            Shelton, CT<br>
              moz-do-not-send="true">Shop-talk@autox.team.net</a><br>
            Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
              rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"