Re: [Shop-talk] Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone, oh yeah,

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone, oh yeah, and I have a question about tv mounts
From: Ronnie Day via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 20:32:58 -0600

--0000000000006de4f5057dcf8afb

That's heavy monitor, especially by today's standards. First thing I'd do
is see if you can find a PDF of the manual on-line. Always good to have.
>From your description it sounds like part of the old mount may still be
attached. I'd take anything like that off and set the pieces aside, saving
any screws or bolts holding the bracket(s) to the TV. There should be
threaded inserts where the brackets are meant to attach. Measure the hole
spacing both vertically and horizontally.

Then I'd go to Monoprice.com and take a look at the different styles of
mounts. If there's a place with a wider selection of mounts with better
prices I'm not aware of one. You're going to need a hefty mount for the 130
lb. unit. Not sure if Monoprice offers tech support over the phone, but you
can use chat or email. Give them an idea of the type of mount you want then
give them the weight of the unit, with make & model if you have it, and the
hole spacing. I'm guessing you should be able to get what you need for $80
or less.

Their kits should include a wide range of screws and anchors to both attach
the mount to the wall and the TV to the mount. I'd use four 3 inch long
quarter inch lag screws (into studs) to attach the mount to the wall. You
could use a piece of 3/4 inch plywood attached into wall studs if the slots
in the bracket aren't long enough to span the distance between two studs,
although I expect a bracket heavy duty enough to hold 130 lbs. should be
wide enough.

HTH - I've done a ton of installs like this

On Mon, Dec 24, 2018 at 7:34 PM eric--- via Shop-talk <
shop-talk@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone here and all you loved
> ones!  I hope you are enjoying this time of the year.
>
> I do have a very dumb question that I'm sure there is someone out there
> has the answer to.
>
> I got a 65" plasma monitor/TV from work (they were getting rid of it
> because they bought new systems.)
>
> Anyway, there is no stand for it, so I was trying to buy a wall mount for
> it.
>
> All the wall mounts I see out there either list the TV mount* distance
> only up to 600mm (about 23.6")  or they don't even give this diemenion.
>  (*= this is the 'studs' on the TV that you mount the mount to.)
>
> The TV has 44" mounts on the back only.  Does anyone know what mount I
> need for this?  (note, I don't need any tilting or stand-off feature, but
> If they are there, I don't mind.()
>
> The TV is about 130LBS  (nice to have a fork lift to weigh these things! )
>  8>)  Most mounts listed for this size tv can handle that weight, but I
> can't find any that I know have the 44" wide TV mounts.
>
> Thanks in advance, I hope all of you have a great Holiday!
>

> Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
> Tech Viper
> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
> being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph
> Waldo Emerson _______________________________________________
>
> Shop-talk@autox.team.net
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/ronnie.day@gmail.com

--0000000000006de4f5057dcf8afb

rds. First thing I&#39;d do is see if you can find a PDF of the manual on-l=
ine. Always good to have. From your description it sounds like part of the =
old mount may still be attached. I&#39;d take anything like that off and se=
t the pieces aside, saving any screws or bolts holding the bracket(s) to th=
e TV. There should be threaded inserts where the brackets are meant to atta=
ch. Measure the hole spacing both vertically and horizontally.=C2=A0<div><b=
r></div><div>Then I&#39;d go to Monoprice.com and take a look at the differ=
ent styles of mounts. If there&#39;s a place with a wider selection of moun=
ts with better prices I&#39;m not aware of one. You&#39;re going to need a =
hefty mount for the 130 lb. unit. Not sure if Monoprice offers tech support=
 over the phone, but you can use chat or email. Give them an idea of the ty=
pe of mount you want then give them the weight of the unit, with make &amp;=
 model if you have it, and the hole spacing. I&#39;m guessing you should be=
kits should include a wide range of screws and anchors to both attach the m=
ount to the wall and the TV to the mount. I&#39;d use four 3 inch long quar=
ter inch lag screws (into studs) to attach the mount to the wall. You could=
 use a piece of 3/4 inch plywood attached into wall studs if the slots in t=
he bracket aren&#39;t long enough to span the distance between two studs, a=
lthough I expect a bracket heavy duty enough to hold 130 lbs. should be wid=
Dec 24, 2018 at 7:34 PM eric--- via Shop-talk &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:shop-ta=
uote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1p=
x solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;fo=
nt-family:sans-serif">Merry Christmas and
Happy Holidays to everyone here and all you loved ones!=C2=A0 I hope you
are enjoying this time of the year.</span>
dumb question that I&#39;m sure there is someone out there has the answer t=
o.</span>
I got a 65&quot; plasma monitor/TV from work (they were getting rid of
it because they bought new systems.) =C2=A0</span>
is no stand for it, so I was trying to buy a wall mount for it. =C2=A0</spa=
n>
ts
I see out there either list the TV mount* distance only up to 600mm (about
23.6&quot;) =C2=A0or they don&#39;t even give this diemenion. =C2=A0(*=3D t=
his
is the &#39;studs&#39; on the TV that you mount the mount to.)</span>
t;
mounts on the back only.=C2=A0 Does anyone know what mount I need for this?
=C2=A0(note, I don&#39;t need any tilting or stand-off feature, but If they
are there, I don&#39;t mind.()</span>
130LBS =C2=A0(nice to have a fork lift to weigh these things! ) =C2=A08&gt;=
)
=C2=A0Most mounts listed for this size tv can handle that weight, but I
can&#39;t find any that I know have the 44&quot; wide TV mounts.</span>
,
I hope all of you have a great Holiday!</span>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a ratio=
nal
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </span>
ox.team.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"; rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a><br>