Re: [Shop-talk] Ceramic tile question

To: eric@megageek.com, Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Ceramic tile question
From: "Peter J. Thomas" <pj_thomas@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 09:03:33 -0500

--------------9A1B9D03039774DCF33564AE

Sanding wont work.  The glaze layer is probably too thin and you sand
through it to the coarse ceramic making the suction not work.  I'd clean
the mirror back and the tile really well and go crazy with hot glue.

Peter T.

On 11/28/2018 7:58 AM, eric@megageek.com wrote:
> OK, I don't know where to turn for help with this one, but maybe
> someone here has an idea.
>
> Background (Stay with me on this one.)  I shave in the shower.  I use
> a mirror that suction's to the tile surface.
> I redid my bathroom last year and the new tile isn't completely flat
> and the mirror falls off about once a week.  So, I'm looking for ways
> to fix it.
>
> My idea is to use these diamond file cards...
> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IIO3/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>

> to 'sand' the tile I need to use the suction cup.
>
> My question, is there any protective coating on tile that would make
> this a bad idea?  Or, does anyone have a better idea?  I don't know
> about using an epoxy on rubber and tile?
>
> Any ideas?  Thanks

--------------9A1B9D03039774DCF33564AE

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      probably too thin and you sand through it to the coarse ceramic
      making the suction not work.  I'd clean the mirror back and the
      tile really well and go crazy with hot glue.<br>
      Peter T.<br>
      On 11/28/2018 7:58 AM, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:eric@megageek.com";>eric@megageek.com</a> wrote:<br>
cite="mid:OFF4CC7E4E.B2D7F25F-ON85258353.0046CAD6-85258353.0047426F@mail.megageek.com">
        charset=windows-1252">
        for help
        with this one, but maybe someone here has an idea.</font>
        one.)
         I shave in the shower.  I use a mirror that suction's to the
        tile surface.</font>
        the
        new tile isn't completely flat and the mirror falls off about
        once a week.
         So, I'm looking for ways to fix it.</font>
        file
        cards...</font>
      <a
href="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IIO3/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&amp;psc=1";
        moz-do-not-send="true"><font size="2" face="sans-serif"

color="blue">https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IIO3/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&amp;psc=1</font></a>
        the
        suction cup.</font>
        protective
        coating on tile that would make this a bad idea?  Or, does
        anyone
        have a better idea?  I don't know about using an epoxy on rubber
        and
        tile?</font>
        Any ideas?  Thanks</font>

--------------9A1B9D03039774DCF33564AE--