Re: [Shop-talk] [OT] Computer History/Bill Godbout

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] [OT] Computer History/Bill Godbout
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 20:16:58 -0800

--------------08EFCC8097EF6D2E2F7F84D5

We're both wrong*:

"Others, at the suggestion of Roger Melen
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Melen>, convened at The Oasis
<http://theoasisbeergarden.com/>,^[7]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homebrew_Computer_Club#cite_note-7> a bar
and grill on El Camino Real in nearby Menlo Park
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menlo_Park,_California>, recalled years
later by a member as "Homebrew's other staging area".^[8]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homebrew_Computer_Club#cite_note-8> As
Steven Levy <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Levy> wrote about the
Oasis gatherings:..."

Source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homebrew_Computer_Club

* but I was closer ;)

On 11/18/2018 7:11 PM, Berry Kercheval wrote:
> The Oasis bar is actually in Sunnyvale, and is still there. I drove
> past it today.
> On Nov 18, 2018, 9:31 AM -0800, eric@megageek.com, wrote:
>> Bob,
>>
>> Thank you sharing this. These stories, while tragic, should also
>> serve as a reminder to us all that life is unpredictable and can be
>> taken at any moment.
>> We need to always be thankful for our blessings (don't wait until
>> Thursday's feast to do so.)
>>
>> With that, I'm thankful for all my cyber buddies here that have
>> helped me countless times over the decades (wow, is that right,
>> decades?) I've been here.
>>
>> To all, thank you, be safe, and tell the ones you love how much they
>> mean to you!
>>
>> Eric

--------------08EFCC8097EF6D2E2F7F84D5

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
        href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Melen"; title="Roger
        Melen">Roger Melen</a>, convened at <a rel="nofollow"
        class="external text" href="http://theoasisbeergarden.com/";>The
        Oasis</a>,<sup id="cite_ref-7" class="reference"><a

href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homebrew_Computer_Club#cite_note-7";>[7]</a></sup>
      a bar and grill on El Camino Real in nearby <a
        href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menlo_Park,_California";
        title="Menlo Park, California">Menlo Park</a>, recalled years
      later by a member as "Homebrew's other staging area".<sup
        id="cite_ref-8" class="reference"><a

href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homebrew_Computer_Club#cite_note-8";>[8]</a></sup>
      As <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Levy";
        title="Steven Levy">Steven Levy</a> wrote about the Oasis
      gatherings:..."</p>
href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homebrew_Computer_Club";>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homebrew_Computer_Club</a></p>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:7701fd3b-c6eb-4585-819b-31cd4c17613b@Spark">
        charset=windows-1252">
      <title></title>
        Sunnyvale, and is still there. I drove past it today.</div>
        <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:eric@megageek.com";>eric@megageek.com</a>, wrote:<br>
          10px; border-left: thin solid #1abc9c;">Bob,<br>
          Thank you sharing this. These stories, while tragic, should
          also serve as a reminder to us all that life is unpredictable
          and can be taken at any moment.<br>
          We need to always be thankful for our blessings (don't wait
          until Thursday's feast to do so.)<br>
          With that, I'm thankful for all my cyber buddies here that
          have helped me countless times over the decades (wow, is that
          right, decades?) I've been here.<br>
          To all, thank you, be safe, and tell the ones you love how
          much they mean to you!<br>
          Eric</blockquote>

--------------08EFCC8097EF6D2E2F7F84D5--

--===============9005998440776941761==