Re: [Shop-talk] tubing bender dies

To: John Innis <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] tubing bender dies
From: Brad Kahler <bkahler1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 10:53:37 -0400
Cc: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
John,

That's an interesting approach to cutting the appropriate groove for
the dies.  For this particular project I think just having several
points of contact around the circumference where the pipe contacts the
ridges would be sufficient to support the pipe.

There is nothing critical about the looks or shape of the pipe.  What
I'm trying to do is create a 90 degree bend in the 5/8" tubing which
is going to be used on the gas tank filler neck on my motorhome.  I'm
adding a vent line so the tank fills easier (i.e. faster).

Thanks for the tip!

Brad