[Shop-talk] L shaped fuel tank problem

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] L shaped fuel tank problem
From: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 21:20:18 GMT
Full-name: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
--===============4996176155822045221==

----__JWM__J2cfe039f.3e465962S.6cb0563cM

  I have an old steel L tank out behind the shop that goes i the back of=
 a pick up and I was considering refurbishing it for diesel containment.=
Overall it is in decent condition, but I planned to clean out the inside=
 - maybe some acid treatment and a coat of fresh paint on the outside. O=
n the bottom is a half inch hole and it may have been tapped, but the me=
tal is not that thick.Generally I would think a socket head plug would g=
o there to act as a drain, but I am not sure there is enough steel there=
 to form a reliable seal.Any ideas on how to best treat this?  I could t=
ap for a plug and try it... I considered welding or JB Welding some larg=
e washers to provide enough meat to allow a socket plug to work..Any oth=
er appropriate "stoppers" come to mind? I was also considering just seal=
ing up the hole on the bottom and adding a drain on a vertical surface n=
ear the bottom.  MattColumbus, GA
----__JWM__J2cfe039f.3e465962S.6cb0563cM

e back of a pick up and&nbsp;I was considering&nbsp;refurbishing it for =
diesel containment.</div>
the inside - maybe some acid treatment and a coat of fresh paint on the =
outside.</div>
the metal is not that thick.</div>
 a drain, but I am not sure there is enough steel there to form a reliab=
le seal.</div>
nd try it...</div>
ough meat to allow a socket plug to work..</div>
dding a drain on a vertical surface near the bottom.</div>

--===============4996176155822045221==--