Re: [Shop-talk] Radiant heat for garage

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Radiant heat for garage
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 15:24:07 -0400
Jim,

I don't know where you live, and I don't have any specific company
recommendations for you.  What made you choose radiant heat?  My
feeling on radiant heat is that it gets very high marks for comfort
when used pretty much continuously.  I think it is less effective in
a space that is used intermittently.  For my garage in NY, I have a
direct vent propane heater.  I can leave it off most of the
time.  When I want to work there, I can fire up the heater and have
the space at a comfortable working temperature very quickly, even if
it is quite cold out.  A lot of people go with radiant heat, and I am
not trying to discourage you.  Just think about the kind of use you
have in mind and make sure it is the best choice for your situation.

-Steve T.