Re: [Shop-talk] Sticking/Draging caliper

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Sticking/Draging caliper
From: Matt Wehland <mjw@littlegrassy.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 10:18:34 -0600
Thanks for posting Scott.

I'm sure it will help someone.  Trouble shooting is easier with
experience, and learning from others is easier than pulling hair out
trying to find the cause yourself.

My first example from my first car-

My first car was a 1979 Datsun 280ZX, family owned since 1yr old, garage
kept, became mine when I graduated high school.
After a few more years it began eating alternators.
I sold it to a friend who kept having the same issues.
After he got rid of it (it basically rusted away once it started seeing
salt), he talked to someone who knew the model.
Person told him 'Should have checked the voltage regulator, it is under
the passenger seat'.
It is under the What?

Had I had more experience I would have known to check charging voltage
and maybe found the voltage regulator.  And I probably would have kept
the car a little longer.

I still miss that car, much more refined in many ways than the 95
Mustang that replaced it.

Matt

--
Matt Wehland