[Shop-talk] Natural gas fireplace logs installation

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Natural gas fireplace logs installation
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 23:20:55 -0500

--001a11411d641e74a6052b9f1c1f

I'm replacing a set of functioning gas logs in my fireplace. Is there any
magic to doing the plumbing?  It seems to me that, aside from the
possibility of blowing up the house, the plumbing should be like any other
black pipe plumbing job.  I really dislike plumbing but dislike even more
paying a plumber $150 (i have a quote) to come in and spend 15 minutes
doing what I could do.  Of course, if the house blows, that solves the
problem of all the crap in the basement, but I digress.  Is there anything
I should beware of?  Is Teflon tape on the threads appropriate?

tnx

jim

--001a11411d641e74a6052b9f1c1f

f functioning gas logs in my fireplace. Is there any magic to doing the plu=
mbing?=C2=A0 It seems to me that, aside from the possibility of blowing up =
the house, the plumbing should be like any other black pipe plumbing job.=
=C2=A0 I really dislike plumbing but dislike even more paying a plumber $15=
0 (i have a quote) to come in and spend 15 minutes doing what I could do.=
=C2=A0 Of course, if the house blows, that solves the problem of all the cr=
ap in the basement, but I digress.=C2=A0 Is there anything I should beware =
of?=C2=A0 Is Teflon tape on the threads appropriate?</span><div style=3D"fo=

--001a11411d641e74a6052b9f1c1f--

--===============0786478536050006402==

--===============0786478536050006402==--