Re: [Shop-talk] Am I getting this old already? (Shop content)

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Am I getting this old already? (Shop content)
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 09:59:27 -0500 12/26/2015 09:59:04, Serialize complete at 12/26/2015 09:59:04
--===============0123400141332874720==

--=_alternative 0054DC8F85257F27_=

Thanks for the thoughts, but I went down this path already. I have two
large scales that I get the weight with now and I'm not getting consistent
results (plus it's a pain to balance 1100 LBS pallets on them.)

As for the vehicle scales, I looked at them but I don't want to have to
take up so much space (there are also dedicated pallet scales) and I don't
want to have to bring the items to a place in the shop.
A pallet scale is the answer, and I may have to bite the bullet and get
the digital one 8>(.  I just can't believe there isn't a single vender
that sells them.

Thanks again

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
Waldo Emerson

I know it isn't' as nice as what you are asking for, but depending on the
weight, you could just use two or four bathroom scales.  Use your existing
pallet jack to raise the pallet and put a scale on each side or at each
corner then pull out the pallet jack.  Add the numbers and you are set.

If you don't want to do math, look for a set of vehicle scales from a
racing place and they will give you the total plus corner weights.  Scales
that can do a car should have plenty of capacity for a pallet.

--=_alternative 0054DC8F85257F27_=

this path already. I have two large scales that I get the weight with now
and I'm not getting consistent results (plus it's a pain to balance 1100
LBS pallets on them.)</font>
at them but I don't want to have to take up so much space (there are also
dedicated pallet scales) and I don't want to have to bring the items to
a place in the shop.</font>
may have to bite the bullet and get the digital one 8&gt;(. &nbsp;I just
can't believe there isn't a single vender that sells them.</font>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Eric P<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>
depending on the weight, you could just use two or four bathroom scales.&nbsp;
Use your existing pallet jack to raise the pallet and put a scale on each
side or at each corner then pull out the pallet jack.&nbsp; Add the numbers
and you are set.<br>
If you don't want to do math, look for a set of vehicle scales from a racing
place and they will give you the total plus corner weights.&nbsp; Scales
that can do a car should have plenty of capacity for a pallet.<br>

--===============0123400141332874720==--