Re: [Shop-talk] Moving heavy equipment

To: eric@megageek.com, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Moving heavy equipment
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 16:50:01 -0800
I'd also recommend you price a local mover, especially if you have
flexibility in your move date and can be fit in to their schedule for a
discounted rate.

I looked at PODS and found them priced at a premium.  I was pleasantly
surprised how affordable it was to have the three movers load their
large truck full (the biggest that isn't a semi) and unload my house at
the other end.  I had all the delicate items and valuables either
already moved or in a room with the door closed and marked don't pack.

It was especially nice to have the movers carry all the heavy stuff down
22 steps to the house.   My legs were dead and there is no way I could
have done it on my own.

Brian