Re: [Shop-talk] Moving heavy equipment

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Moving heavy equipment
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:37:37 -0500 (EST)
Cc: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 15 Dec 2015, eric@megageek.com wrote:
> I have a quick question. I  was planning on moving lots of stuff (tools,
> appliances, furniture, etc) from NJ to WV.
>
> I was looking into a service where I can load a connex on my end, have it
> delivered and unload it at the other end.  (The main business is "PODS"
> that does this.)
>
> I'm looking for recommendations for cheap companies (stuff isn't breakable
> or valuable) or other recommendations for do this.
>
> Any ideas?

    Some family recently relocated from Illinois to North Carolina.  They
used Upack.com, who dropped a 28x8x9' box trailer in their driveway, and a
few days later, moved it to Fayetteville.  We packed every inch of that
trailer to the ceiling, but if you need less, you only pay for the space
you use.

    They were pretty satisfied.  Upack will also store the loaded trailer,
if need be.

--
  David Hillman