[Shop-talk] Buying a new compressor of just the 'compressor'?

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Buying a new compressor of just the 'compressor'?
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 09:07:27 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 11/25/2015 09:07:30, Serialize complete at 11/25/2015 09:07:30
First, Happy T'day to all the US folk here.  For your not in the US, have
a great day as well.

On to the question...

I have a compressor that I have been using for about 20 years now (wow,
has it really been that long?)

Recently, the compressor is leaking some oil.  So I know a replacement is
coming up.  My question, is it better to replace the whole unit, or just
the compressor pump?

I was leaning to the whole unit just to avoid any issues with rusted
tanks, etc.  Also, I could sell the old one to someone who really needs
one and is willing to take the time to fix it for a low price.

So, if you were buying a new compressor, what one would you go for under
$2000?  (240v of course.)

Thanks.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
Waldo Emerson