Re: [Shop-talk] Halogen replacement bulbs

To: "'Shop Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Halogen replacement bulbs
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 09:29:39 -0700
Just a thought, for those with a modicum of electronic skill:
http://www.designnews.com/author.asp?section_id=1362&doc_id=254910

As written, the light output is probably similar to the unit we've been
discussing.  But I suspect it could be scaled up fairly
simply to use higher current LEDs, which are still fairly inexpensive.  Eg,
http://tinyurl.com/pcladh7

I've got an old floor lamp that I intend to try converting some day using this
technique.  Mostly for fun, but might turn out to be
usable.

-- Randall