Re: [Shop-talk] 5x8 trailer decking ideas?

To: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 5x8 trailer decking ideas?
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 15:48:50 -0500
Cc: shop-talk <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 9:53 AM, Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org> wrote:
> Been quiet for a few days, don't want the collective to lose it's edge :-)
>
> I have a 5x8 utility trailer with a mesh floor that needs a more supportive
> deck for 2 motorcycles. I'd like to keep it one piece to stop any water
> infiltration that might lift the seam.
>
> I've seen 5x8 ply mentioned for ping pong tables, but not in exterior grade.

5X8 and 5X10 are standard sizes for BS1066 marine plywood.  They'll
cost more (maybe much more), than the equivalent area in 4X8 sheets.
If carrying the bikes is the only reason for upgrading, I'd think hard
about a solution that just adds the support for the bikes.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com