Re: [Shop-talk] 5x8 trailer decking ideas?

To: "Jim Franklin" <jamesf@groupwbench.org>, <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 5x8 trailer decking ideas?
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:48:11 -0400
X_cmae_category: , , a=I0wsP0/ub+0M/VQyKFHlEA==:17 a=8nJEP1OIZ-IA:10 a=xwPayol1AAAA:8 a=vqVkQKOZTJ7Oq9aOlUQA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=I0wsP0/ub+0M/VQyKFHlEA==:117
> I have a 5x8 utility trailer with a mesh floor that needs a more
> supportive
> deck for 2 motorcycles. I'd like to keep it one piece to stop any water
> infiltration that might lift the seam.

Our contractor used a waterproof tongue & groove particle board type product
for the sub-floor decking of the room above our garage. I saved the
cut-offs. It has proved very strong and durable/waterproof. Pieces left
outside for years have weathered to gray but not otherwise deteriorated.

My flat bed car trailer has pressure treated 2X decking. It is screwed to
the steel framing with torx drive self-tapping flat head screws.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC