Re: [Shop-talk] How to clear snow from ridge vents?

To: shop-talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] How to clear snow from ridge vents?
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 09:52:23 -0500
On Feb 13, 2015, at 9:42 AM, Eric J Russell wrote:

> IME, the snow that needs to be removed is at the lower edge of the roof -
from above the side walls to the overhang. Which is what snow rakes/roof rakes
do. But I don't know if they'd reach 2 1/2 stories high.

They won't, and I can't get through the snow on the ground if they could.

However, the issue is the ridge vent. Once it's clear, the attic stays cold
enough to prevent any melting.