Re: [Shop-talk] Grinder pedestal

To: "Shop Talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Grinder pedestal
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 20:15:44 -0500
At 07:50 PM 2/9/2015, Brad Kahler wrote:

 >I've got several bench grinders that I would like to mount on some sort of
 >movable pedestals.  I don't want to anchor them to the floor so whatever I
 >end up using needs to be stable but portable.

Brad,

What my neighbor did for all his tools like that was to purchase some
stands from
Sears and put wheels on them.  Similar to this:

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-workstation/p-00922284000P?prdNo=1

Most pedistals will probably be too unstable unless secured to the floor.

Harbor freight has a Universal Bench Grinder Stand that looks like it might
be more stable than a three legged pedistal:

http://www.harborfreight.com/universal-bench-grinder-stand-3184.html

John

                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

---