Re: [Shop-talk] Truck instrument cluster, dash, and parking lights died

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Truck instrument cluster, dash, and parking lights died
From: Trevor Boicey <trevor@boicey.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 11:36:21 -0500
I hope this isn't your problem, but I have a 2004 Dodge Durango that had
some kind of dash fire at some time.

The vehicle would always run and drive, but the dash had a continuous and
amusing series of failures for a long time. The entire dash would go black,
then come back, over and over like a computer stuck on a reboot loop. The
climate control would randomly go off, then reappear.

I got it cheap because the OBD port wasn't working so the vehicle couldn't
get an e-test.

Eventually I got it all sorted out, give or take.

But I hope that isn't your problem.