[Shop-talk] 4-post lift thoughts

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] 4-post lift thoughts
From: Brad Kahler <bkahler1@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 22:15:34 -0500
I'm in the process of resurrecting my older 4-post hydraulic cylinder &
chain car lift that I sadley let sit outside for a number of years. This
particular lift is rated at 9,000 lbs and is adjustible enough to handle my
Triumph TRs and F250 Super Duty diesel pickup.

Most of the modern lifts always seem to come with trays that fit between
the platforms so you can park a vehicle under the lift while storing one
above without leaking oil on the car below (these are Triumphs after all!)

I've been debating adding attachment rails to the platforms to hold trays
but I just don't know if its worth the trouble and expense when I could
probably just as easily use 1/4" or so plywood sections to accomplish the
same thing. Also these trays would only work when the platforms are a
specific distance apart.

Anyone have a 4-post lift that has the trays and if so how well do you like
them? I need to make a decision soon as I will probably be painting the
platforms this coming weekend.

Thanks,

Brad