Re: [Shop-talk] Welding Class Project Suggestions

To: "Patton Dickson" <57healey@gmail.com>, "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Welding Class Project Suggestions
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 21:06:49 -0500
X_cmae_category: , , a=I0wsP0/ub+0M/VQyKFHlEA==:17 a=8nJEP1OIZ-IA:10 a=xwPayol1AAAA:8 a=y5aTEnT7Rwtlfp8fEmcA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=I0wsP0/ub+0M/VQyKFHlEA==:117
>I am finally signed up for a welding class at a local Community College.
> Any suggestions as to projects I should try.

What are your needs for the future? Most of the students are likely to be
hoping for employment whereas as a hobbyist your needs may be different. As
others have stated, they tend to use 1/8" - 1/4" thick steel in these
classes. If you're wanting to learn to weld auto body steel then you may
need to speak up and perhaps bring some sample pieces for
instruction/practice.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC