[Shop-talk] Toggle switch covers

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Toggle switch covers
From: Dave Cavanaugh <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 21:57:42 -0800
I'm a high school shop teacher, both wood and metal.  Each shop several
emergency stop switches connected to a shunt trip which trips the main
breaker in case of emergency.  In most shops these are big red mushroom
head switches, but when they built my school nearly 30 years ago they
ran out of money and so my E-stop switches are center off SPDT toggle
switches.  Moving them either up or down from center will trip the shunt
trip.  The problem is most of them have lost their covers, and they are
easy to bump and trip.  Toggle switch covers are pretty easy to find,
but so far everything I've seen is for single pole switches and the
cover forces the switch in the off position (or in the "on" position if
you install the switch upside down).  Does anyone know of any toggle
switch covers that just cover the switch and don't force the  switch
into any position?

Thanks
Dave