Re: [Shop-talk] dryer squeak

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] dryer squeak
From: "Tim ." <tims_datsun_stuff@outlook.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 15:48:34 -0500
Thanks Paul!

That does sound easy and once again I forgot about facetube for how to videos.
But this one sounds like I won't have to watch it done I'll just do it.

Thanks again!!!!!

Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 16:41:51 -0400
From: parkanzky@gmail.com
To: tims_datsun_stuff@outlook.com
CC: shop-talk@autox.team.net

Tim,
We went through this on the Frigidaire dryer in the home we just sold.  What
you need to do is open the top of the dryer and take the front panel off.
There are two latches to get the top to hinge up in the front of that seam.  I
pushed on them with a putty knife.  The front panel comes off if you
disconnect the door switch and remove a couple screws.  Now, unhook the belt
(from the back access door) and lift up sharply on the rear of the drum.
There is a ball on the back of the drum that rides in a groove.  You're
popping that out of the top.  Then you can pull the drum forward and through
the opening at the front to remove it.  I applied some high-temp grease to the
saddle that ball rides in (or to the ball, I don't remember which) and the
squeaking went away.  That dryer was made in 1995 and had never given us any
problems, so I was willing to throw a couple thermostats and some grease at it
to try to get her to the 20 year mark.

You can find Youtube videos if you google something like, "Frigidaire Dryer
Drum Removal."  You'll see that it's actually pretty easy.  I learned to
disassemble the dryer and get the drum out in about three minutes after a
couple of times through.
Good Luck,
-Paul