Re: [Shop-talk] Smart thermostat ?

To: David Cole <dgcole01@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Smart thermostat ?
From: Benjamin Zwissler <bjzwissler@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 14:44:59 -0400
Cc: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
For heat pumps it may not be wise to set back very much. If the gap
between "set" and "actual" gets too large it may kick on resistance
heat, depending on the ambient temp and intelligence of the controls.
Resistance heat is much more expensive per unit of heat than the heat
pump.  If you're in a cold climate your opportunity to save on heat
may be limited.

Ben....