Re: [Shop-talk] Delta Unisaw

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Delta Unisaw
From: Mike Rambour <lists@dinospider.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 08:13:23 -0700
On 8/31/2014 8:00 AM, Jeff Scarbrough wrote:
> Is it a capacitor-start or -run motor?  Is it running at normal speed?
  Don't know and yes it is running at normal speed.
> Have you ever blown all the sawdust out of the motor?
Not recently but yes I have regularly when using the saw, I did it again
over the weekend and I will see if that helps.
> Does it run OK with no load other than the blade (not cutting wood)?
  Yes it does.
> Those are the first things I'd consider...
  I threw in a new blade over the weekend along with a really good
cleaning of the motor, we will see what happens but from the responses I
got it seems its likely not the motor itself, just poor maintenance and
dull blade, I have quite a bit of cutting within the next few weeks so I
will test it.

   Mike