Re: [Shop-talk] Electrical safety question (and Alaska local question)

To: <eric@megageek.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Electrical safety question (and Alaska local question)
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 09:50:18 -0500
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s2048; d=ameritech.net; b=m1/1rfoxKR7Glk3WCuGB4C+wcXaCiCneFOnLZTClAdg0GYM7KN26LD5rAnKEyviajd+elVFnTSjREhwH+4DpZhhzBC4wdX8EgymB6N5TOieQsQvLVcm7fWWNvCzmOXP5sTqr/MtR/55IhbrdlcLd7esOPYtPgbq8XTPnCLHKF7vXot4rxtNm2a2Nfift38H4aycamaCYr6fHyjp3DTPXcZSRT7ZO3ppamyDO7qalFR0nIdhugJXs/H6+XnI8oqs093T1rRn4MIKNfFeEB68CnEohlJDHYa0bTrc8swS1U8yDLnuf6HJvQcghq+SXKKQYPb4KowlGA74asoq1Rb66cQ==;
Another consideration is that internally to the trailer wiring the
manufacturer might have shared neutrals, which is fine as long as circuits
sharing a neutral are on opposite phases.  Even if you plug each of your
split-circuit plugs into separate circuits, if they're on the same phase (in
the breaker box), any shared neutrals in the trailer could be overloaded.
This is dependent upon the total load used on both circuits.

Karl