[Shop-talk] Computer stuff

To: 'shop-talk List' <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Computer stuff
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2014 16:11:54 -0700
I started doing my high school homework on an IBM 1620.  And after a
quarter of a
century as a sys admin at the U of U, and about that long with Team.Net,
I've seen a
lot of changes.

I keep thinking I should spend a day or so digging out ALL the computer
stuff I have
stashed away in various places around the house, put it all in one big
pile and post
a few pictures.  RealSoonNow.  As an example I have a Seagate 1 Gig SCSI
drive sitting
here with a red UU property tag on it.  Back then, 1 Gig was so
expensive the disk was
considered a capital asset.  I can't find the file I put together that
showed the list
price of the system on my desk at work was worth 3 times what we paid
for our house!

And on a side note, thanks to those of you who made use of Paypal and
the post office
to direct some Christmas cheer towards Team.Net.  I'm about 1,300 emails
behind since
getting back from Christmas in California, I hope to get the through and
give thanks where
thanks is due.

Have a great 2014!

mjb.