Re: [Shop-talk] Oven problem

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Oven problem
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 19:56:54 -0600
eric@megageek.com wrote:
> Oh, one more question, what is the difference between "Broil" and "Bake?"
> I'm a 42 year old (come Sunday) bachelor and I don't cook.  More
> importantly, which one do I use for powder coating and what setting?

For either gas or electric ovens, "broil" is a non-regulated, or loosely
regulated, setting
that puts the heat source at the top of the oven above the food. Sort of
like an upside
down grill.

Bake is more closely regulated, with the heat source coming from the
bottom of the oven.
This is what you want for powder coating.

Chef Mark.