Re: [Shop-talk] Oven problem

To: eric@megageek.com, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Oven problem
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 21:40:50 -0400
Don't know about the hum.  Is that the same noise it was making in
the kitchen?  Certainly relocating it and repurposing it hasn't fixed
it.  I guess you could rewire it to a "simple thermostat" but it
would have to have the ability to sense the temperature inside the
oven while being located outside the oven.  Might be worth a little
diagnosis first.

As for your easy question, Broil heats from above and cooks things
from the direct heat.  You always broil on full heat.  Good for a
steak.  Bake heats from below and heats the oven to a particular
temperature.  This is good for things you want to heat without that
direct burning effect.  42 year old bachelor is one thing, but heck,
didn't you ever heat a pizza?  :-)  Powder coating is definitely a "bake" job.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net