[Shop-talk] .25mm too big

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] .25mm too big
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 17:45:31 -0400 (EDT)
I bought longer bolts for the linkage on my webers so I could use two
regurlar nuts locked together instead of nylocks. They are M5-.8 and are
approx one quarter of one mm too big to fit through the linkage pivots.
The bolts that came with the kit are also M5-.8.

M4s have too much slop and SAE bolts were too big as well.

I ran the new bolts through a die cutter but not much (enought) was cut
off (as expected).

I really don't want to try to drill out the linkage pivot and take a
chance of generating heat and screwing up the rubber bushing.

Thoughts please on what I can do to narrow down the bolts. Maybe a small
round file to try to open up the hole??

Thanks

tim