[Shop-talk] High hydrocarbons (the resolution)

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] High hydrocarbons (the resolution)
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 11:49:42 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 08/29/2013 11:50:01, Serialize complete at 08/29/2013 11:50:01
Well last night we tried a few more things on the truck with the high
hydrocarbons and it passed!!

What we did last night was...

Replace the O2 sensor, add fuel injector cleaner, used Premium fuel, clean
and reinstall batteries terminals, add tranny fluid (unrelated), and bench
test the MAP sensor.

Also, we check the OBD I read out, but there were no codes stored. (we did
this prior to removing the battery.)

So that got us there.

For the record, other things we did prior were...
New wires, plugs, cap, rotor, air cleaner.  Checked the vacuums,

FWIW, they did check the idle to make sure it wasn't elevated.

So, thanks to everyone here for all your help.  we took a $700 truck and
turned it into a $1500 truck for about $300!  (Now that I say it out loud,
it wasn't worth the time!)  8>)

Eric P
Waldo Emerson