Re: [Shop-talk] High Hydrocarbons

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] High Hydrocarbons
From: Battmain <battmain@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 11:04:21 -0700 (PDT)
You'll probably need to dig a bit for the info for your particular car. The
connectors on my cars were over on the passenger side.  Normally it was a
three conductor assembly. The special (read expensive) J-tool to 'short' the
connector was a piece of conductive metal, which in my case was easily
replicated with a piece of wire. Then you turned the key to 'on' and any
stored codes were blinked at you on the dash. Kinda like blink, blink, blink,
pause, blink, blink, blink, blink, pause, then it repeated again.

Brian
<eric@megageek.com>
<battmain@yahoo.com>
>Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 10:53 AM
>Subject: Re:
[Shop-talk] High Hydrocarbons

>There is a connector that my OBD II
connector doesn't fix.  How do I 'short' it to get the codes?