Re: [Shop-talk] High Hydrocarbons

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] High Hydrocarbons
From: Battmain <battmain@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 19:01:00 -0700 (PDT)
(snip)

So, I'm guessing that I can get it down with an additive or
 running really
 hot (or cold.)

 What is the collective wisdom of what I can do next to get
 the last 20
 points?  Free is best.

(snip)

Raise the idle by a hundred or two hundred and make sure the engine is warm
when you get tested.

At one point I had to raise the idle by 400rpms and I kinda covered up the
tach. I got caught once and went back later that same day to someone else and
passed with the high idle. Thankfully that testing crap has been gone for a
few years now and the car still runs. It took a few months but I did
eventually fix.