Re: [Shop-talk] Nuts and Bolts

To: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Nuts and Bolts
From: Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 10:36:33 -0400
Cc: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Howdy,

I built some shelves to hold them and got a whole crapload of these type of
bins:  http://www.harborfreight.com/floor-bin-rack-with-47-bins-95736.html

(without the rack... Which any sane person would just buy and not spend
three hours making like I did.)

Then I spent about a week of "a few hours a night" sorting bolts/nuts.

That's the hard part done.  The nice thing is that with that done, its just
like going to a hardware store, without dumping a coffee can of bolts on
the ground sorting through them trying to find what you want.  MUCH nicer.

I also have a couple grab bag cans of used wood screws, used sheet metal
screws, etc.

The less fun part is being disciplined about keeping them sorted when you
add new bolts & such.  Its not bad to do if you just do it whenever you
take that handful of bolts in to keep, but if you let it build up it
becomes a little more daunting.

Mark