Re: [Shop-talk] Spindle Sander question:

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Spindle Sander question:
From: "Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA" <gsteve@hammatt.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 17:04:11 -0700
Thanks everybody for all the suggestions.  However, this is not an
attempt to do something on the cheap nor is it a one-time use.  I
need something that is strong and sturdy and good for long term use.
The ideal item could be a non-oscillating spindle sander.  The home
use model would do fine and have the correct rotational speeds for
sanding/burnishing.  Just need to get rid of the oscillating feature...
...which was the original question.  Another alternative is going with
a bench-top spindle shaper.  I would have to use one that I can change
the pulley sizes to reduce the speed range down to around 1100 rpm.
So, to get back to my original question:  Does anyone know if there is
an oscillating spindle sander that can be made into a non-oscillating
model?

Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA