Re: [Shop-talk] rigid insulation board

To: Arvid Jedlicka <arvidj@visi.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] rigid insulation board
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 14:03:22 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
On Sun, 2 Jun 2013, Arvid Jedlicka wrote:
> I think which way the foil is facing depends on what you are trying to do
> ... keep heat in or keep heat out. Based on the information here ...
>
> http://www.rimainternational.org/index.php/myths/

    In theory, that's probably true.  In my non-scientific experience with
two garages, they are both substantially cooler in summer and warmer in
winter than they were with uninsulated ceilings.  Neither have any A/C,
and the one with heat noticed a drop in heating costs.

    For a about a year after I did mine, I kicked myself everyday for not
doing it the week I bought the house.  YMMV.

--
  David Hillman