Re: [Shop-talk] 2 stroke vs 4 stroke

To: "'Bob Nogueira'" <Bob@texmog.com>, "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 2 stroke vs 4 stroke
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 21:57:52 -0600
If you consider Echo, check the fine print in the instructions and see if it
requires 89-octane gasoline.  Bizarre requirement, but necessary for their
warrantee, at least a few years ago.  My 1970 Echo blower still runs fine on
anything, but my 2005 blower/vac/bagger died from the wrong gas before I
even knew of the requirement.

And like others have said, current 2-cycles can be a pain to start, not to
mention the stink.  4-cycles seem to fare better, though old gas is still an
issue for me.  Sta-Bil doesn't seem to help that.

Karl