Re: [Shop-talk] 2 stroke vs 4 stroke

To: Bob Nogueira <Bob@texmog.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 2 stroke vs 4 stroke
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 22:41:52 -0500
Cc: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
I have a cheapo 10-year-old Murray lawn mower with a 4-stroke B&S engine,
that has never failed to start on the first pull, even after months of
storage. I also have a 2-stroke Ryobi trimmer that is always a pain to
start.

I suspect that any engine that is designed to operate in a fixed position
with gravity fuel feed (e.g. lawn mower) will be easier to start that an
engine that has to run when moved around (e.g. chainsaw), because of the
carb design.

Doug