[Shop-talk] Sanding cylinders on drill press

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Sanding cylinders on drill press
From: "Lee Daniels" <lee@automate-it.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 15:55:05 -0600
I have a "mini" Craftsman drill press that's useful for relatively small
projects. I've had it for several years and use it occasionally. It came with
several "cylinders" for sanding, but I have no idea what these are really good
for. I tossed them up on the shelf when I set up the press and they've been
there ever since. I came across them again to day when cleaning up. See a
photo here:
  http://www.automate-it.com/photos/0sanding.jpg
I assume there's a use for which they're ideally suited - what would that be?

thanks,
 Lee